The History of Computer Science and Engineering discipline at MAMCE dates back to 1998 with initial intake of 40 in UG programme (BE- CSE) to meet the demand for well-qualified computer professionals. Subsequently the department upgraded its intake from 40 to 60 in the year 2000, 60 to 120 in the year 2005 and 120 to 180 in the year 2012. In 2009, the department started the PG programme (M.E-CSE) with initial intake of 18 and increased to 36 in the year 2012.
At present, the department is lead by Prof.S. RaviMaran with the eminent support of Dr. M. A. Maluk Mohamed, Professor / CSE. The Department has more than 550 students and 37 core faculty members. The department has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation; AICTE, New Delhi. Our Department is a proud Member of the Computer Society of India Students Chapter. The department has experienced faculty members specialized in Compiler Design, Object Oriented System analysis and design, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Computing, RDBMS, Computer Networks, OOPS, Data Structures and Algorithm, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Grid Computing, Data Mining and Mobile Computing.
With an aim to sharpen the young student and faculty minds, the department strives to:
- Become a pioneering centre of excellence in providing hands on Training in ORACLE through WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME.
- Provide Infosys: Foundation Programme 3.1 on Core subjects to nurture effective capabilities for the development of high quality technical manpower to meet the challenges in the Industry.
- Offer cost-free Training on Open Source Software’s through Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT Bombay for both students and faculties.
- Provide value-added programmes and activities such as Talent Inspirit- an Intra Department Technical Meet , Techno Zephyr – an Intra Department Activity Contest, ComBlaze – a National Level Technical Meet.
- Promote an effective learning and Teaching community with the help of various Technical workshops, Faculty Empowerment Programmes and seminars.
- Foster Research Activity, the department has emerged with “Software System Group” to discuss and exchange various research ideas and promote new projects for aspirants.
- Provide better teaching environment, all the faculty rooms are modernized and each faculty is provided with a Laptop.
Create high-quality software professionals.
- To educate and generate at least 90% of the students as competent professionals to become part of the industry and research organizations.
- To give personalized training to the students with arrears, identifying their strength and weakness for the improvement of the academic results on an average of 75%.
- Offer a variety of blended learning methodology for overall personality improvement